Is there any reason to worry about wood tiles being a fire hazard, especially around fireplaces or cooktops?
Wood and wood panels should be used in areas that are not subject to extreme heat, cold, fire, or moisture. We suggest that all local fire codes and product manufacturer recommendations for required distances from combustible materials be strictly followed for heat sources such as fireplaces and cook tops. We can treat the wood with a non-toxic environmentally friendly (no VOCs) fire retardant spray that can achieve a Class A rating for commercial and fire code required applications. This does not make the wood firePROOF. It only reduces the smoke distribution in the event of a fire.